A “dietitian” or “dietician” is an expert in food and nutrition.
Dietitians help promote good health through proper eating.
Is there any Registered Dietitian in Indonesia?
Yes, it called “Surat Tanda Registrasi” (STR).
STR is one of the identity card/ doors to becomes dietitian in Indonesia.
We as a dietitian, should have this to do some activity related to human nutrition.
What is a Dietitian Roles?
Dietitians-Dieticians as Educators
Areas a dietitian can help with include:
- Weight Loss
- Weight Gain
- High Cholesterol & Heart Health
- Maternal & Child Growth
- Sports Nutrition
- Healthy Eating
If you have any problem with that’s areas, You can contact me, Lienda as Your dietitian… or mention @tanyalienda
These are related webs that can help you to know about Foods, Nutrition and Health:
- U.S. Office of Dietary Supplements
- s/a “Eat Well, Live Well” section of Dieticians of Canada website
- Canada’s new nutrition label – how to read the label to understand the nutrition content of a product and to compare it with others
- s/a The Canadian Diabetes Association website
- s/a “Healthy Living” and “Diabetes” sections at KRAFT foods website
… this site has French language and Chinese language versions!
- International Bibliographic Information on Dietary Supplements (IBIDs)
- Nutrition Analysis Tool
… a public service by the Food Science and Human Nutrition Department at the University of Illinois… intended to empower individuals to select … nutrient-dense diet…. [ not intended to replace consulting and getting advice of a medical doctor or health-nutrition professional]
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Nutrient Database for Standard Reference
- Mayo Clinic