Wanna get study in Japan?
Applicants have to find out and apply a Japanese university or graduate school by themselves before they apply for this scholarship. And they are requested to submit the copy of the application for admission for the university / graduate school.
Only the applicants who will enroll the universities / graduate schools located in the below-listed areas are eligible. Those in other areas are not eligible. In addition, the condition of requirement for Japanese ability differs depending on the area where applicants’ targeted universities / graduate schools are located. So, please check the list carefully. If your targeted school is located in non-listed area, you can’t apply this scholarship this year.
The area accepting the application & The requirements for the level of Japanese language ability
Toyama Prefecture, Ishikawa Prefecture, Osaka Metropolitan Area, Tokyo Metropolitan Area, Kanagawa Prefecture except for Yokohama and Kawasaki city
- Not evaluate the Japanese ability in the application-screening process
Hokkaido ( Abashiri, Asahikawa, Kitami, Kushiro, Nayoro, Obihiro, Wakkanai),Tochigi Prefecture, Gunma Prefecture
- The ability to understand some basic Japanese. *JLPT level: N5
Iwate Prefecture, Miyagi Prefecture, Chiba Prefecture
- The ability to understand basic Japanese. *JLPT level: N4
Aichi Prefecture, Yamagata Prefecture, Ibaraki Prefecture, Aomori Prefecture
- The ability to understand Japanese used in everyday situations to a certain degree. *JLPT level: N3
Yokohama and Kawasaki City in Kanagawa Prefecture, Fukui Prefecture, Shiga Prefecture, Kyoto Metropolitan Area, Nara Prefecture
- The ability to understand Japanese used in everyday situations, and in a variety of circumstances to a certain degree. *JLPT level: N2
Read the Application Guidelines thoroughly and carefully, then prepare the documents precisely.
Please don’t submit any documents which are not required in the Guidelines.
Application Guide and Prescribed Forms
When applying, please download and use the following documents:
- Application Guide for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for Applicants Residing Abroad
- Application for Scholarship
- Research Plan at Japanese University
- Composition “Objective of my studies in Japan”
- Recommendation Letter
Application Documents should be sent by email to the foundation. firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 16 October 2013 1:00P.M. Japan time for both April and October 2014 Enrollment. Application documents must arrive by the date.
Announcement of Selection Results
Notification of selection results is made by email at the following times:
- For April enrollment: Beginning of February 2014
- For fall enrollment: Beginning of July 2014
*If the applicant is rejected for admission to the issuing university, s/he will lose eligibility for the scholarship at that point.
For April enrollment: Scholarship payment begins in April 2014
For fall enrollment: Scholarship payment begins in October (or September) 2014
- Undergraduates 100,000 yen per month
- Master’s students 140,000 yen per month
- Doctoral students 140,000 yen per month
- Research students (undergraduate, master’s and doctoral research students) 100,000 yen per month
Only for the first year of the scholarship, a supplemental of 400,000 yen is provided upon arrival in Japan.
Yoneyama scholars are to arrive in Japan prior to the month of their admission. Irrespective of the reason, if they do not arrive in Japan by the month that their scholarship will begin to be paid, they will lose their eligibility.
*The application guideline is judged based on the one written in Japanese.
If you have any inquiries, please feel free to contact us by e-mail or fax.
Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation